||Academic Dean MBA Programmes
Professor of Financial Management Science
||PO Box 1738, 3000 DR Rotterdam, The Netherlands
|(+31) 10 - 408 2011
||(+31) 10 - 452 9509
- Classes at all levels in Finance, Financial Management, Decision Theory and Management
Science (classes varying in size from 10 up to 1200 students; teaching in Dutch, English and Italian).
- Main advisor of fifteen doctoral dissertations (nine of which have been defended to
- Member of the jury of fifty doctoral studies (mainly in the Netherlands, but also in
Belgium, France, India and in Great Britain).
- Member of the Founding Board of the Tinbergen Institute, school for doctoral studies in
- Member Program Committee European Doctoral Program in Quantitative Methods in
- Teacher/organizer numerous courses for managers.
- Teacher in various summer schools and summer institutes.
- Chairman Mercator Network.
Main current research interests include the following functional areas
- Financial Risk Management
- Performance Evaluation
- Financial Modelling
- Financial Management and Strategy
Main areas of application are
- Professional Investment
- Transportation - aviation in particular
- Government and state agencies
- Research Fellow Tinbergen Institute
- Fellow Erasmus Research Institute of Management
Click here for the list of publications
papers (abstracts and full documents)
- Organizer of a series of seminars & conferences - both national
- Member of many conference program committees.
- Lecturer at many different universities and other institutions, worldwide.
- Referee for numerous journals, editor of various special issues, proceedings, et cetera.
- One of the three main editors of the VBA Journal (for Investment Analysts) - until 1990.
- Associate Editor Revue Belge de Statistique, d'Informatique et de Recherche
- Managing Editor The Springer Series in Financial Modelling.
- Associate Editor Journal of Multiple Criteria Decision Analysis.
- Associate Editor of Operations Research.
- Editor Feature Issues on Financial Modelling in the European Journal of Operational
- Member Editorial Board M.A.B., 'Maandblad voor Accountancy en Bedrijfshuishoudkunde', a monthly magazine for accountancy and business economics.
- Member Founding Board of the Tinbergen Institute.
- Member Advisory Board of the Merrill Lynch Center for the Study of International
Financial Services and Markets, New York.
- Member Advisory Board of the Center for Banking and Financial Research, Cyprus.
- Founder (1986) and Chairman (to date) of the EURO Working Group on Financial Modelling.
- Member Executive Committee Special Interest Group on MCDM (1980-1992).
- President-elect (1989-1990), president (1991-1992) and immediate past president (1993)
of EURO, Association of European Operational Research Societies.
- Initiator (1983) of the First International Summer School on Multiple Criteria Decision
Methods, Applications and Software (this initiative has grown to a bi-annual event).
- Member of the Dutch Society of Sciences 'Hollandse Maatschappij der Wetenschappen', since 1988.
- Selected member of the Olivians, since 1991.
- EUROPIN Award from EURO, for merital services, 1993.
- Umbra Erasmi Medal of Erasmus University, 1996.
- Gold Medal of the University of Crete, Greece,1996.
- Limperg Award, 1999.
- The MCDM Gold Medal (International Society on Multiple Criteria Decision
- FSR, FinanciŽle Studievereniging Rotterdam, Honorary Member, 2003.