PE7T versions of 'winkeydaemon'
- Review the default settings inside the file.
- Check that you have Perl module Device::SerialPort installed. No warning means OK:
- perl -w -E "use Device::SerialPort;"
- As root user, rename and copy the file to: '/usr/local/sbin/winkeydaemon'
- Set (as root user) ownership: 'chown root:root /usr/local/sbin/winkeydaemon'
- Make (as root user) the daemon executable with: 'chmod \0755 /usr/local/sbin/winkeydaemon'
- Check what groups you are in with: 'groups [your user name]'
- Ensure that you are in the group that owns the serial port device file, e.g: 'ls -g /dev/ttyUSB0'
- If not, join, log out and log in. Run daemon under your normal user ID.
Last modified: 31 December 2017 ZL2BSJ